Monday, May 2, 2011

been a while

so its been a while. heres an update. we went on major family vacation to san diego with my sister in laws family. robert got to relax a bit after all his hard work. i got news that my treatment ive been on for my cancer was no longer working. ive been removed from the study and my doctor gave me all the paperwork to apply for another study. he said my tumors on my liver grew 3times as big in 2 months. not good. i was scared and quickly signed the paperwork to start chemotherapy. i was scheduled to have a port inserted in my body so that i could start the treatment. ever since ive signed the papers though i havent felt right about it. ive decided to try a different route and ill keep you all posted with how it goes. sadly, more bad news. some of you know that we had been trying to sue the hospital for not catching my cancer, even though i had been to the hospital 7 times for severe pain in my left side. (oddly enough where a giant tumor was growing...) unfortunately, my lawyer said he cant afford to continue the case because he was doing it for free untill we won. hes not sure he can win enough to cover his losses, so basically, he dropped me. cant blame him i guess. he is sending me all my stuff back and all his notes. maybe i can find another guy who wants to pursue this. anyways, thats the quick version of whats been going on these past few weeks. i dont know whats going to happen in the coming months, but if my new treatment plan works, maybe i can be healthy enough to go home, or, i might be dying faster. i just hope its not the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment